(Updated : Sat 31 July 2021)
Please check for further updates before booking or attending.
SAFC is open for training ... almost as usual ... in compliance with DCMS and British Fencing guidance.
The following rules apply.
If you want to train, YOU MUST READ THEM ALL, or we may be asked to leave the building:
While an individual is symptomatic and/or living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection, or has been asked to isolate by the NHS, they cannot attend any SAFC activities.
If you develop COVID symptoms within 14 days of attending SAFC, you must inform the club immediately. Those with whom you may have been in contact will then be informed, as will NHS Test and Trace.
There is an increase in transmission risk associated with participating in indoor group activity (even when social distancing is observed at all times). Anyone participating in SAFC activities should be clear that they are opting to participate in those activities at their own risk, and that they are physically and mentally able to do so.
- Every fencer must book in for each weekly session via our our website.
This includes beginners and coaches.
>>>CLICK HERE TO BOOK<<<
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us before booking.
- If you book a place, pay a weekly / guest fee, and subsequently wish to cancel, fees will only be refunded if we are notified in advance. We cannot retrospectively refund fees if you did not turn up.
- Current BF membership is mandatory, and Contact Info held by the club must be up to date.
- The evening will start with a group warm-up and footwork session, followed by an optional group class (subject to Coach availability) with 1-2-1 lessons generally available from 9pm (ditto). Or fencers may spend the remainder of the evening sparring.
- Face coverings:
In line with Government guidelines, these are no longer mandatory when attending the club. However, fencers and spectators are reminded to to consider the risks to themselves and others, and are advised to wear face coverings when not on piste.
- Fleching, running attacks and close-quarter fencing are permitted.
Corps-a-corps is not permitted.