This week: Free fencing
Well, not ‘free’ but come along and fence anything you want…
Open Air Competition: 10th September
Sign-up here for the Open Air this year.
The Open Air will be held at the tennis courts at Marlborough School as previously. This is a great day of fencing and hanging-out, with a very relaxed and happy atmosphere. Sort of a summer celebration with some (a lot of!) competitive fencing thrown in!
SAFC in The Sword
We had an article in British Fencing magazine ‘The Sword’ about our attempts at promotion, here is a link: see PP29 sword mag
We will be fencing throughout the school summer holidays, apart from the 24th August. Per session costs are slashed to £5 per night!
Other clubs will also be open as follows:
Dacorum Fencing Club:
Location: Hemel Hempstead Sportspace
Monday evening at 7-9 pm Epee
Tuesday morning 10-12 sabre, Epee
Friday evening 6-7 pm Family Fencing / 7-8 pm Women’s Sabre
Watford Fencing Club:
WFC offer Free fencing in August
Location: Nuffield Health Fitness Club, Royal Masonic School for Girls.
When: Wednesday: 8pm to 10pm
Eastern Region events
We have two competitions in the Eastern Region coming up soon.
The Great Yarmouth Invitation Foil is on Sunday the 20th August. This is a friendly foil competition and would recommend for those who wish to get involved in competition fencing. To register contact Robert: email@example.com
We have one of the biggest events in our region the Essex Open on the 9th & 10th Sept at Colchester. This is recommended for all competitive fencers. Registration is here: https://www.sport80.com
- St Albans City Station promotion on 10th and 17th August.
- Club closed on 24th August (and therefore no Club Competition night this month).
- Beginners course starts 7th September.
- Three Counties Competition: Hitchin at home on 7th September. Please contact Matthew and he will take it from there.
- World Fencing Day on 9th September: We will be doing a promo at the St Albans Park Run!
- Open Air Competition on 10th September.
- Committee meeting 18th If you have anything to raise/questions please contact Giles.
- Three Counties Competition: Away match with Watford on 20th Please contact Matthew and he will take it from there.
- Club closed on 21st September (and therefore no Sabre night this month).
- Three Counties Competition: Away match with Luton on 26th Please contact Matthew and he will take it from there.
- Three Counties Competition: Away match with Dacorum on 28th Please contact Matthew and he will take it from there.
Hoping you have a fab week!