We are returning to training on 24 Sept 2020.
To comply with British Fencing guidlines, we are inplementing some changes.
IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED FOR A TRAINING SESSION IN ADVANCE, YOU WLL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND.
Read the whole of our COVID page for essential information and find the link to register for training. The advice may be different from week to week so check before you attend.
Please note that, in response to the Government's increased COVID measures, announced on 22/09/20, British Fencing confirmed "clubs in England can continue to offer fencing under the existing Return to Fencing guidance [...] issued on 25th July (published here). [This] is still valid and remains in place for clubs in England."
Latest club news
A fantastic turnout at our first session back since March. There was plenty of action happening with 3 socially-distanced pistes running all night. It was great to see so many regulars and we welcomed some new fencers (Richard, Dave, Kevanne and Lisa) to SAFC for the first time, and hopefully not the last. A huge […]
A fantastic number of bookings for our first return to fencing session tonight! A total of 15 places confirmed which shows just how keen we all are to get back to fencing again. You should have all now recieved a confirmation email with your piste allocation for tonight. Please note your piste and on arrival […]
Tick tock tick tock… The booking window for our first session back closes at 23.59 on Wednesday. We already have a good number of places booked but numbers are limited so don’t miss out on a great night’s fencing. And who knows how long we will be able to fence before lockdown strikes again?! To […]
- Training is on Thursday evenings from 8pm to 10pm.
- We are a full three weapon club - Foil, Epee & Sabre.
- Epee focussed night on third week of the month.
- Sabre focussed night - coming soon.
- Flexible payments: Quarterly, monthly and nightly visitor ...
- Unlike many clubs, we do not close for the school holidays.
- Open to all ages over 14yrs.
- Our fencers range from novices to seasoned veterans.
- Beginners' courses run throughout the year.
- Coaching team always on hand for group sessions & individual tuition.
- Skills development for competitive fencers.
- A relaxed atmosphere for social fencers.