SAFC is open for training ... very nearly as usual. To comply with DCMS and British Fencing guidance we have a few extra rules.
Attendance must be pre-booked.
Updated rules are available on our COVID page. It is important you read them if you want to attend.
Subscribe to our news feed and follow our Facebook page (see the red buttons on the right of this page) for our most up to date information.
Latest club news
ÉPÉE NIGHT 22/07 Épée night gets the thumbs up! This Thursday, Coach Lajos will take the warm up and lessons & there will be at least one dedicated épée piste, subject to numbers. Foil & sabre can be fenced as normal (Coach Tony will be taking the Beginners). HOUSEKEEPING CAR PARKING: The usual car park […]
It’s almost Thursday….! So after two weeks of glorious outdoor fencing we’re back in the main hall this week, which means no limit on numbers. Which is great because we also have our next Beginner’s Course starting, so please give our new fencers the usual SAFC warm welcome! Please remember to book your session as […]
LIMITED AVAILABILITY THIS WEEK (08.JULY) This week the main hall is again out of action due to school exams. As a result we will be using the small gym again and the tennnis courts, if weather permits. We will have to see how the weather forecast is nearer the time but until then, in case […]
- Training is on Thursday evenings from 8pm to 10pm.
- We are a full three weapon club - Foil, Epee & Sabre.
- Epee focussed night on third week of the month.
- Sabre focussed night - coming soon.
- Flexible payments: Quarterly, monthly and nightly visitor ...
- Unlike many clubs, we do not close for the school holidays.
- Open to all ages over 14yrs.
- Our fencers range from novices to seasoned veterans.
- Beginners' courses run throughout the year.
- Coaching team always on hand for group sessions & individual tuition.
- Skills development for competitive fencers.
- A relaxed atmosphere for social fencers.