In line with the Government's recent COVID roadmap we expect to be allowed to re-open the salle on 20th May.
As organised outdoor sport should be permitted from 29th March, we are also hoping to restart outdoor training in the weeks leading up to 20th May.
Subscribe to our news feed and follow our Facebook page (see the red buttons on the right of this page) for our most up to date information.
We do not yet know what Government and British Fencing requirements will be when we re-open, so visit our COVID page for the most up to date club rules and requirements.
Latest club news
We’re restarting fencing on 20th May!! Please see details below. In the meantime, we’re very excited to share some great news about coaching at the Club when we resume shortly. COACHING NEWS SAFC are delighted to announce the appointment of Tony Middleton as our Head Coach. Tony brings a wealth of experience: – Level 5 […]
We are planning to restart fencing following the most recent Government announcement and in line with British Fencing guidance. At present, ‘organised adult indoor sport’ cannot take place until 17th May earliest. Which for us means a re-start date of Thurs. 20th May. Whilst that is still some way off, organised outdoor sport should be […]
As it looks unlikely we’ll be returning to fencing in January, please make sure you cancel your standing orders for club fees, until further notice. Thanks, SAFC
- Training is on Thursday evenings from 8pm to 10pm.
- We are a full three weapon club - Foil, Epee & Sabre.
- Epee focussed night on third week of the month.
- Sabre focussed night - coming soon.
- Flexible payments: Quarterly, monthly and nightly visitor ...
- Unlike many clubs, we do not close for the school holidays.
- Open to all ages over 14yrs.
- Our fencers range from novices to seasoned veterans.
- Beginners' courses run throughout the year.
- Coaching team always on hand for group sessions & individual tuition.
- Skills development for competitive fencers.
- A relaxed atmosphere for social fencers.